Geotube® fabricated containers are used as integral components in the design and construction of a variety of marine & hydraulic engineering structures. Geotube® engineered textiles are easy to install beneath the water surface, in difficult conditions, and once in place provide continued performance.
- Geotube® containers have been used in a variety of breakwater applications to protect and enhance beachfronts. Each Geotube® container is filled and submerged strategically just off shore to trap sand accumulation for additional beach space. Geotube® engineered textiles in breakwaters offer an economical solution for protecting coastlines.
- Shoreline Protection
- Geotube® containers can aid in the reclamation of sand. Geotube® engineered textile containers are an economical solution for protecting coastlines.
- Island Creation
- Geotube® containers are often used to create artificial islands or to protect eroding islands. Islands made with Geotube® engineered textiles are practical for creating a resort atmosphere, or containing dredged sand to clear a harbor.
- Sand Dune Cores
- Geotube® containers are proven effective solutions to coastlines need for protection against storm damage. A Geotube® container hidden within a sand dune stops any damage from attacking waves. While beach and sand in front of the engineered textile tube may be quickly washed out to sea during storm season, any beach or property behind the engineered textile tube will remain in tact.
- Wetland Creation
- With the use of Geotube® fabricated containers, many bird and wildlife habitats have been reclaimed and restored. These engineered textile tubes protect rapidly eroding islands that harbor various wildlife, some on the edge of endangerment.
- Groynes, Jetties & Dikes
- Geotube® containers can be used in a variety of applications as groynes, jetties, or dikes. These coastal and riverine structures are necessary to preserve and reconstruct eroding shorelines.
- Minimum impact on the environment while providing a beneficial use for dredge material.
- Cost. Geotube® engineered textiles are a cost-effective alternative when compared to traditional marine construction materials and methods.
- Fabrication. Geotube® engineered textiles are fabricated from a high-strength, woven engineered textile with special high-strength seaming techniques to resist pressures during pumping operations.