Geotube® containers have proven to be a cost-effective dewatering solution. They are effective in separating solids from water after flushing barns.
Flushing the solids directly into a Geotube® container captures solids before they reach the lagoon. This provides clean water for flushing and eliminates the need for mechanical dewatering. After dewatering, the dried solids can be used to fertilize crops or provide bedding in the stalls.
- 50% reduction in lagoon size
- 50-70% reduction in labor and energy for land application
- storage of nutrients until appropriate time
- higher quality flush water
- reduced odor and insect problems